Pet In-house Diagnostics
A quick and comprehensive diagnosis leads to fast treatment and better outcomes. Learn more below about our in-house diagnostic services.
At Arrowhead Veterinary Centre, we offer the following diagnostic services:
- State-of-the-art, in-house veterinary diagnostic laboratory. We have the ability to run bloodwork in the clinic, including complete blood counts, liver/kidney evaluations, thyroid and pancreas levels.
- In-house urinalysis including protein levels
- In-house cytology of skin, ears, fecal samples and lumps
- Digital radiology. This allows us to generate a digital x-ray image on the computer for immediate answers and the ability to transmit it to clients, radiologists, and specialists when needed.
- Diagnostic ultrasound. Ultrasound is an important tool, both for acute injuries and chronic illness. We utilize ultrasound for fast answers in sick patients. When needed, we can also bring in a radiology technician who can perform a complete ultrasound of the abdomen and send the images to a veterinary radiologist.
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) for measuring heart rhythms and detecting any abnormalities.
- When additional information and diagnostics are needed, we have the ability to send samples to an outside laboratory for further evaluation.