Veterinary Jobs in Cochrane, Alberta
Are you looking for a clinic where you will use your skills to the fullest potential with amazing mentorship? Want to be part of a fun and professional team? Then look no further!
About Arrowhead Veterinary Centre
We are a privately-owned small animal clinic located in the heart of beautiful Cochrane’s Historic Downtown. Cochrane has a friendly small-town charm that makes it a desirable location for families and professionals to put down roots. Minutes away from Calgary and the Rocky Mountains, there are plenty of cultural and recreational activities to explore. Arrowhead has a state-of-the-art facility, and our clinic is staffed with a veterinary team who have extensive experience in all aspects of companion animal medicine, surgery, and emergency procedures. Our team is friendly and enthusiastic, and we continually strive toward excellence when working with our wonderful clients and patients.
As an RVT at Arrowhead, you will have an opportunity to use your skills to their fullest potential. We are a very busy clinic with highly specialized equipment, which includes an In-house laboratory, 3b laser, ultrasound, digital radiology, 2 dental areas. We are also a low-stress handling clinic with separate feline rooms and so much more!
We are committed to supportive mentorship and to the development of a well-rounded team. We truly care about our staff and their well-being.
We are equipped for routine procedures and minor emergencies. Our ideal candidate is experienced, flexible, self-motivated, and able to multi-task, while consistently demonstrating a positive and professional approach and maintaining an organized working environment. We will also welcome and mentor a new grad.
Hours: Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Ability to run in-house lab work, including CBC, chemistry, urinalysis, cytology, and fecal cytology. We are equipped with the full line of Zoetis laboratory analyzers, including an HD Microscope.
- Able to assist veterinarians with dental surgeries and perform dental oral health care, including digital dental radiology.
- Surgical preparation and assistance, together with anesthetic delivery and monitoring.
- Ability to provide optimum animal care including but not limited to: Patient restraint and handling, TPR and history collection, blood collections, knowledge of medications and their administration, IV catheter placements, and performance of treatments as directed by veterinarians.
- Great client communication skills along with the ability to educate clients regarding products and services.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to keep accurate patient records.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Cornerstone would be an asset.
- Willingness to learn and enhance technical skills, including anesthesia, nutrition, oral health care, low-stress handling, etc.
RVT in good standing with the ABVMA.
- Signing bonus
- Annual Continuing Education allowance and on-line training
- Generous personal pet medical care and supplies discounts
- Paid ABVMA/ABTVA dues
- Comprehensive compensation package including sick days
- Annual Scrub allowance
- Competitive Health Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program which includes on-line wellness resources and webinars
- Fun social events such as annual parties and outdoor activities
- A culture of appreciation and recognition for our amazing team
- A great work/life balance
- Relocation assistance if required
****All enquiries are confidential****
Arrowhead Veterinary Centre is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.